Visioning Conference Report
The North Okanagan Labour Council is pleased to publish its report of the April 24th Visioning Conference hosted in Kelowna, BC.
Inside can be found a full synopsis of the proceedings of the event as well as an overview of the data collected from participants.
Download a full copy of the report today!
The top five green items (priorities for future council) were identified as:
1. Increasing the amount of land acquisition for Affordable Housing – 14% of votes
2. Increasing the amount/diversity of community engagement – 12% of votes
3. (Tie) Dedication of additional money for Affordable Housing – 9% of votes
4. (Tie) Following of existing municipal plans (e.g. OCP, ASP, TMP) – 9% of votes
5. Residential Zoning Reform – 6% of votes
The top five red items (items for future councils to avoid) were identified as:
1. Ceasing development on Agricultural Land Reserve – 19% of votes
2. Stop ‘Development by Variance’ (too many variances) – 17% of votes
3. Reducing/stopping urban sprawl – 14% of votes
4. Shifting to roundabouts for intersections (‘Signal Moratorium’) – 13% of votes
5. Stopping “back-room” deals with developers – 10% of votes
Contact Kelly Hutchinson at email@example.com with any requests, comments, or concerns.